An Impossible Goal for Teachers? — Exodus 31:13

For the purpose of asking this question, I would like to use part of Exodus 31:13 — “How do we teach and what do we teach each week so our students will know that the LORD is the one who makes them holy and that is why they are observing the Sabbath and coming to class and we are teaching — so the LORD can make them holy?”

Perhaps how we teach will depend on the individual gifts God has given us and the work of the Holy Spirit in and through us. What we teach is and must be from the Bible and must surely involve teaching our students as much as possible about the LORD as revealed to us in both the Old and New Testaments. But I wonder how much focus we, as teachers, and students, as students, put on this truth from the Bible: “I am observing the Sabbath today and attending Sunday school and worship today so I can be made holy by the LORD.”

I would surely appreciate your ideas on this topic! And we can surely pray that our teaching about God from the Bible will in some way help our students as well as ourselves "be made holy by the LORD."

May God continue to bless your teaching and encourage you by His Word and Spirit!

For the love of God's Word,
L.G.