Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

International Bible Lessons Commentary

English Standard Version Commentary

King James Version Commentary

New American Standard Bible Commentary

New International Version Commentary

New Revised Standard Version Commentary

Bible Translation Statistics & Your Bible Preferences Requested

From time to time I check which Bible translations are used the most on the International Bible Lessons Commentary. The most popular are in this order:

King James Version (KJV) : By far the most used
New International Version (NIV)
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
English Standard Version (ESV)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

When writing the IBLC, I consult all five versions of the Bible listed above, but usually write on the basis of the NIV.

In order to make the best use of time and resources in creating each week's Bible Commentary and to help the most people, I am considering the option of offering only the King James Version, the New International Version, and the New Revised Standard Version commentaries. HOWEVER, before doing so, I would like to hear from those of you who read this Forum and use the commentaries. I will continue to offer the audio version using the NIV.

If you would like to express your Bible version preference or tell me what you think of this possible change, please send an e-mail to L.G. Parkhurst. Of course, you can write me for any other reason too! You can also leave a Comment if you are a registered member of the IBLF.

May God continue to bless all of you who use the commentary!
L.G.

Comments

• NIV is good for me but KJV is not bad too
    All my students prefer NIV...
    Well done, may grace abound for you
  • Thank you. The KJV & NIV seem almost universally accepted. I wonder if some would find the commentaries less useful (or not useful at all) if the ESV and NASB commentaries were dropped. The NRSV and ESV are similar (they were developed from the RSV). Thanks again for helping me as I work toward a decision!