Children/Demons offspring of Satan.

edited October 2 in General Discussion
Who or what are the offspring of Satan from Genesis 3:15?

Comments

• Bible students differ in their interpretation of this verse. The Bible clearly teaches there are angels and demons. Jesus also said some of the religious leaders of His day had the devil for their father: "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44). Christians still battle demons and and people whose father is the devil. The Apostle Paul wrote: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:12). My saying much more than what the Bible clearly teaches would put me in the realm of speculation. I hope this helps somewhat.
  • That along with your commentary on that in last weeks lesson will enlighten myself and the student that asked the question.
    Thanks
  • You are welcome. The question is one of the most difficult to answer and whole books have been written about the topic. If some of the religious leaders of Jesus' day were not demon possessed, they were certainly under the devil's influence. The offspring of satan, it seems to me, would be people that serve satan instead of loving and serving God. I think Jesus was saying that many of the religious leaders were serving satan and not God. Today, there are still many who serve satan instead of God. Someday, satan and his influence will be totally crushed, after Jesus Christ comes again.