Responses to: Are we using the "Right" translation for Bible Study?

My preferred Bible is the King James Version. I believe all other bible versions offer too many add-ons or deletions, which complicates the original text. In essence, my understanding of Revelation22:18-19 and Deuteronomy 4:2 "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you" clearly support my belief. A translated word should be translated to fit the national language for purpose of understanding, preventing language barriers. i.e. If a person speaks an English dialect; then, one Bible translation from Hebrew or Greek to English suffice. This method allows a population to be on one accord rather a panoramic ignorance of the divine message of God. For me, confusion is a strategic plot of the adversary who mimics God on every level, especially when God sent the people of the Tower of Babbel astray with babbling speech. Satan says "I got that!" I too will frustrate the people of God with multiple Bible doctrine. Also, like a glass of tea, the more watered down the tea becomes the "weaker" its taste. The King James Version is stronger a Word to Hebrew and Greek era. The Holy Spirit is an awesome Teacher and reveals the Word perfectly. All or any other interpretations should be placed on separate pages, as references versus altering the Holy Scriptures.

Comments

• Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and thorough response. I, too, am becoming increasingly concerned about the many different English translations, especially when so many people around the world do not have the Bible in their own language. One thing I have discovered is: I think it is better to choose just one translation to use to memorize Bible verses, rather than using so many different translation that it becomes more and more difficult to memorize Scripture. The devil can take something good or something done with good intentions and twist it to mislead people. Many years ago, an English translation was made to help those who read on a fifth grade level to read the Bible (the reading level of most newspapers at the time was fifth grade level), and though it was criticized by some, it did introduce many to reading the Bible for the first time. I think many who began with that translation moved on to other versions of the Bible.

Once again, thank you for your careful and helpful thoughts! I believe they will help others consider this issue and benefit from your reply.

God bless your continued study of God's Word!
    L.G.