Thoughts and Questions on Zechariah 7:8-14

“‘When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,’ says the LORD Almighty” (Zechariah 7:13).

Sometimes I wonder if one reason God may not seem to answer some prayers of some people is some people have previously and persistently refused to listen to God or obey God, so God decided not to answer their prayers until they repented and returned to obeying Him. I do not think that the lack of receiving what we seek from God is always a sign of a lack of faith and obedience, but a lack of faith and obedience may be involved sometimes. I do think that those with a true faith in Jesus Christ will receive what God decides is best for them.

What do you think? How might you teach about this verse or lead your class into a discussion of what this verse might mean for people today?

God addressed an entire nation with this verse through the prophet Zechariah. Do you think God still makes decisions about how He will treat nations based on this standard today? Can you give a reason for your answer?

What thoughts and questions can you share with the IBLF from Zechariah 7:8-14?